Archive for the ‘security’ Category
Provide a monitoring system Choose what security system that fits your home. There are system that can provide you realtime video of your home, so that you can check it from time to time. Have someone will look for it You can ask your neighbor to look into your house and update you from time to time Have your mail and newspapers hold A big pile of newspapers and mails on your home shows that you’re no on your home. You can hold it while your away, or have someone will fetch it Keep a low profile on Social Media Don’t post or advertise vacation while you’re not at your home. Lock UP!
If you have a safe put your valuable on it, or try to put your valuables in unusual placesDon’t leave a hidden key!
Thieves will always look for the spare key and they will easily find it. Spare keys should be given to your relatives and friends.Install outdoor sensor light Setting up a timers for your indoor lights will give the impression that you’re at home at night
At least every month, let’s make sure that our electrical wirings at home will be checked by a knowledgeable person or by an electrical engineer if possible. Damage electrical wirings is one of the top reasons why fire accident happens.
1. Avoid electrical overloading. Avoid using extension cords to use several gadgets at a time to avoid overloading. Also, large appliances such as air conditioners and refrigerators should have their own outlet. Therefore when your appliance are not in use, make sure that you unplug them. It will help to decrease your electrical consumption and will prevent fire as well. 2. Install smoke alarms.
Even if it will cost you something, installing smoke alarms are one of the effective ways to know if there will be a chance for a fire accident to happen.3. Do not smoke inside the house.
Use an ashtray and crush your cigarette stubs thoroughly to put out the flame. Douse it in water to make sure the fire is out.4. Keep matches and other flammable objects out of your children’s reach.
Put matches or other flammable materials in a high place away from your children’s sight.5. Keep the burning candles within your sight.
As much as possible, never let a candle burning overnight. Make sure that you will keep burning candles within your sight. It might burn things in your house accidentally that might cause a fire accident.6. Keep an eye on your cooking.
While cooking, make sure that you are focused in what you’re doing especially when you are using fire.7. Do not store any flammable substance or any corrosive liquid in the kitchen.
Make sure that no flammable substances will be kept in your kitchen. This might be a cause of fire especially that it is hot in your kitchen that might cause corrosive liquids or substances to explode and build a fire.8. Make sure to inspect your kitchen before you go to sleep.
Check your kitchen before you sleep. Check if the LPG is not open and if there are no kitchen appliances plugged in in your kitchen.
9. Check your LPG tank.
As part of checking your kitchen, you should know how to check your LPG tank. It should have the safety cap and security seal. Make sure to use the correct hose and that the regulator is attached securely to the cylinder valve. You can check for leaks by applying soapy water.
10. Have a fire extinguisher on hand since the kitchen area is where most fires start.
To be prepared always, make sure that you have fire extinguisher in your kitchen where most fire accidents usually happen.
11. Know where the main emergency fire doors are. 12. Make a fire escape plan including escape routes and meeting places.
If you are living in a condominium or in a building, make sure that you know the way going to the fire exit. Especially during emergencies, we should always know the fastest and the easiest way out.
13. Have emergency numbers ready.
For emergency purposes, you have to save emergency numbers to call for faster way of asking for help.
2. Install a security system – homes are best protected by alarm systems. This are great ways to scar those people who plan to do bad things to your household. Also, it will immediately inform the authority about a potential danger. Keep your security wirings hidden so that bad people won’t have the opportunity to cut it. 3. Always make your house look occupied – usually, homes that seems to be unoccupied invites thieves or other bad people to enter it. Light the entrance of your house always to keep thieves away. Also, if you are about to leave the house, see to it also that you will not leave your keys in your mailbox or under your doormat. 4. For doors, use deadbolt locks, make interior hinges and use metal bars on sliding doors – even if this one will cost you higher than other locks, this will surely make you safer inside your house because it is stronger and more protected. Also, make sure that your hinges are not place outside for it will just be easy for thieves to pull it off. For those using sliding doors or sliding windows, make sure that you put metal bar along the bottom track of the door or window. The metal bar will make it hard forcing the door or window to open. 5. Protect your windows – when your doors are so much protected, the way of thieves to enter your house are your windows that’s why you also have to protect it by installing window locks or use high quality windows that would prevent them from entering in it.