Your roof won’t last forever, but there are ways to make it last longer. Here are some tips to do:
- Make a regular inspection to monitor the condition of your roof. If you can do it on your own, hire roofing experts.
- Keep your gutters clean. Clogged gutters cancause ruined paint, flooded basement and it can destroy your roof structure. Clean out leaves and twigs from the gutters. If you will not remove those leaves immediately, they will gradually decompose and will cause weeds and molds that will slowly rot your gutters.
- Remove moss and other debris because it traps water and might destroy the roof.
- Trimming the branches of nearby trees to your home will keep the leaves off from your roof, and this also, will keep your roof damage free. The branches and leaves that touch the roof can cause damage, especially during high winds.
- Prevent Ice Dams. It is important to remove all the ice and snow because it can damage the roof. Use a roof rake to remove them, but don’t force the ice that’s already formed in the roof; this could damage the roof.