Children tend to climb on furniture to get closer to something they can’t reach. That’s why we need to secure all our furniture to prevent from injuries, or worst, death.
- Televisions should only be placed on furniture designed to hold them, and must be anchored to the wall or a TV stand that is out of reach of the child.
- When unplug, tuck the cords away to keep children from pulling on them.
- Place heavier things on the bottom of the furniture.
- Use straps and brackets to secure your TV.
- Install furniture with anti-tip devices.
- Remove fun things (such as toys…) that might tempt kids to climb.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how to secure TVs and furniture properly.