While these areas of your home are the most frequent to overlooked during your cleaning, these can be a safe place for germs.
- Underneath and behind furniture. This is the favorable spot for dust and mites. Move heavy furniture and vacuum the dust gathered behind or underneath your furniture.
- Inside kitchen drawers. Give your drawers a fresh start. Remove everything inside of the drawers, wipe with cloth moistened with vinegar cloth, then return the items.
- Under rugs. Keep your rugs and floors in good condition. Move the furniture aside, roll up the rug and vacuum underneath. Do this at least twice a year.
- Hands are the great carriers of germs. Give the front door and bathroom doorknobs a regular wipe inside and out with vinegar or soapy water.
- Light switches. This item comes into human contact several times a day. Clean this surface with a cloth moistened with vinegar or any antibacterial cleaner.
- Light fixtures and lamps. These can accumulate an amazing amount of dust over time. Clean your light fixtures with a duster or soft microfiber cloth. Before cleaning, be sure that the switches are off.